Looking for the best Keurig coffee maker for a small office? You've come to the right place.
We’ve read up on all things Keurig and created this guide to help you find the right one...
We’ll go over:
- Features that define a Keurig
- How to choose the best one for your office
- Our hand-picked choices for the best office Keurigs
Please note that, aside from the Keurig K155 Office Pro, none of the other Keurigs on this guide are specifically designed for office use.
It is possible you could use them in a small office, but if you choose to do so, we advise you check their warranties to ensure such use is covered.
An Aside: If you'd like to see more commercial-level coffee machines that are top of the line and simple to use, take a look at Majesty Coffee's super-automatics here.
In a rush? No worries. Here are the Keurig coffee makers on our list and how we'd grade each one.
Keurig Features To Look Out For
One-cup Servings Or Carafes
There are two main ways you can brew coffee on a Keurig:
You can brew a single cup at a time, or you can brew an entire pot.
Traditionally, offices would brew pots of coffee. This makes more to serve a larger group of people at once, and that can be beneficial.
This method of brewing is wonderful for providing cups to visitors, meeting attendees, or just to have something available at all times for workers to pour from throughout the day.
But one-cup servings are great, too. They permit an exceptional degree of precision, because everyone is able to get what they want.
They also cut down on the leftovers that get poured down your drain when a pot gets cold. There isn’t much to dispose of when everyone is able to make just as much as they want every time.
If both these brewing styles sound appealing to you, there are some Keurigs capable of both, such as the K Duo or K250.
Coffee Grounds Or Pods
Even if you or your employees have absolutely no previous experience using a coffee maker, you can still craft a tasty cup on Keurigs.
It’s because of the simple pods called K-cups that Keurigs use. K-cups come with a portion of coffee, tea, or cocoa that’s already been ground and measured for you, so you know you’re getting the same level of quality every time.
Of course, there are coffee connoisseurs who say that freshly ground coffee is the way to go. If that’s your preference, the majority of Keurigs can also use coffee grounds with the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter.
This flexibility is why Keurig coffee makers are so great at adapting to the skill levels of every user, from novice to seasoned expert.
Although there are a few Keurigs designed to be plumbed-in, most use water tanks that are refilled by hand.
Being manually refillable gives them a unique benefit that plumbed-in machines just can’t have: they can work from any location. As long as you have an outlet and can pour water into them, most Keurigs can function anywhere you need them to.
If you’re worried about having to drop everything to refill them too much, then you can look into Keurigs with bigger water tank capacities. Some have water reservoirs so large, they can make several or more drinks in a row before more water is necessary.
Coffee isn’t the only thing Keurigs are good for.
The K-cups used in these coffee makers are available in hundreds of types. Aside from coffee, you can find tea or cocoa pods.
Beyond that, some Keurigs are capable of making iced or specialty drinks. Others dispense hot water, so that aside from drinks, they can help make instant foods such as cups of noodles.
Because of these traits, most Keurigs really do have something for everyone.
Choosing The Best Keurig For Your Business
Even small offices are vastly different from each other – no two are going to be exactly the same.
That’s why the coffee maker in one office, even if it’s a similar size to your office, may not work in your business.
That being said, what makes a Keurig best for your business, then?
Well, a number of factors can. Some common things that can impact how you’ll choose a given coffee maker are qualities like the following:
- Drink Menu
Before we go on, it's important to mention that all the Keurigs on this list except for the Office Pro aren't designed for office use, although they could potentially be used in a small office.
Make sure you check their warranties to ensure office or commercial use will be covered before you buy any of them for your office.
No one likes spending most of their time on a coffee break waiting for a slow coffee maker.
The best way to remedy that problem is to have a machine capable of brewing quickly. This is vital if your office will see waves of thirsty workers on break or lunchtime all in need of a good mug of joe.
You’ll mostly find that Keurigs are speedy coffee makers. The fastest ones can have a beverage finished in under 60 seconds.
Related Post: Best Keurig Machines for Iced Coffee
If yours is a small company, it’s possible that your office is also a little on the smaller side.
In that case, you may not have enough room to fit a huge coffee maker, such as what you might see in a coffee shop or café. You’ll be looking for something that takes up significantly less space.
Luckily, you’ll still have plenty of options to choose from even if you have little space. Quite a few Keurigs are designed to fit onto packed countertops.
As a whole, Keurigs tend to be user-friendly, but there are some that may be easier to operate than others.
When you or your employees are far from coffee experts, then considering the simplicity of a machine is perfectly valid – even necessary.
You could choose a Keurig that only uses one or two buttons in operation. Too many buttons and selections can get overwhelming, which is what makes these minimalist machines a match for beginners.
On the opposite end, if you and your employees are pretty adept when it comes to coffee makers, why not have more complex options available to customize each cup to the highest degree?
Keurigs with temperature and strength adjustment are fantastic for achieving cups with a more personal feel. Look out for these features if you’ve got some experts in your office.
Despite their name, the most popular coffee shops offer more than just coffee to their customers.
With Keurigs, you can do the same thing for your employees. On top of K-cups coming in tea or cocoa variants, some of these coffee makers can make iced drinks.
Others can even make specialty beverages, like cappuccinos.
If there are any real fans of coffee shops in your office, examine what kinds of drinks the Keurig can make to see if can provide a little something extra for your employees.
Read Also: Best Colombian Coffee K-Cups for Keurigs
Best Keurig Coffee Makers For Small Offices
As you can imagine, the Keurig K155 Office Pro was specifically designed for office use, and it really shows.
Something that makes this Keurig unique is its absolutely gigantic 90-ounce water tank. With a reservoir this huge, you’ll be able to make up to 18 drinks before you need to add more water.
Employees craving a drink can also brew through its intuitive touchscreen display. After swiping through the full-color LCD screen to select their drink, they simply press the brew button and wait.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: No
- Drink Sizes: 4, 6, 8, and 10 ounce
- Water Tank Size: 90 ounces
- Dimensions: 14 x 10.38 x 13.8 inches
- Touch Screen Display: The Office Pro works just like a tablet or phone, and can be programmed and operated through easy swipes and taps of the screen.
- Short Brew Time: Cuts down on lengthy coffee breaks with a swift brew cycle that lasts for less than a minute.
- Quiet Brew Technology: Employees will be able to work in peace, as the Office Pro runs at a soft volume to prevent disruptions.
- Temperature Adjustment: Control the temperature of each drink so you get one that’s as hot or cool as you need it to be.
Everyone loves when productivity can be increased with multi-tasking – what if your coffee maker could do the same thing? That’s exactly what the Keurig K Duo can do.
In this innovative coffee maker design, the machine is divided into two halves. On one half, you have the carafe that can serve up to 12 cups, and on the other half, you have the brewer that makes single cups.
This is the one for you when you need to serve a group at once without sacrificing the precision that comes with single-serve brewing.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: Yes (with separate purchase of Keurig Gold Tone Mesh Filter)
- Drink Sizes: 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces
- Water Tank Size: 60 ounces
- Dimensions: 12.92 x 10.94 x 12.76 inches
- Carafe: When you need to provide a batch of coffee quickly to groups, simply brew up to 12 servings in the sleek glass carafe.
- Programmable Auto-Brew: Save yourself time in the morning by programming the K Duo to brew a carafe by itself up to 24 hours in advance.
- Pause and Pour: For those times when you’re in a hurry, there’s no need to wait for the carafe to finish brewing. The pause and pour function will stop the brewing for 20 seconds, giving you time to grab yourself a cup and go.
- Smart Start: Streamlines the brewing process by combining the heat-up time and brew cycle into one step.
Got some coffee experts in the office? Get the Keurig K Elite.
Not only can it brew you a cup in 60 seconds or less, but you’ll be able to tailor it to your specific preferences before it’s made. Temperature and flavor strength can both be tweaked to ensure that the resulting beverage is perfect for whoever makes it.
When it’s time to clean up for the day, the K Elite is even designed to make cleaning simple. You can slide out the drip tray to rinse off quickly in the breakroom sink.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: Yes (with purchase of My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter
- Drink Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 ounces
- Water Tank Size: 75 ounces
- Dimensions: 13.1 x 9.9 x 12.7 inches
- Removable Drip Tray: Cleaning doesn’t have to be hassle – the K Elite’s drip tray can be pulled out for easy emptying and washing.
- Temperature Adjustments: Allows everyone to personalize their drink even further by adjusting the temperature of hot drinks to be anywhere from 187-192 degrees.
- Flavor Strength Control: Long afternoons call for stronger cups, which the K Elite can give to you with its Strong Brew button.
- Iced Coffee: Bring popular iced drinks to the office through the Iced setting on the K Elite, which will perfectly makes your drink of choice over a cup of ice.
For offices short on space, there’s the Keurig K Mini Plus.
Just like its name, the K Mini Plus was built with limited room in mind. It’s the slimmest Keurig yet, and you could easily squeeze one (or even more) on just about any countertop.
They’re so tiny, you could even keep one comfortably on your desk. Tiny doesn’t mean weak, however, and these little coffee makers can still make you a delightful drink in minutes.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: Yes (with purchase of my K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee filter)
- Drink Sizes: 6-12 ounces
- Water Tank Size: One-cup (refill every use)
- Dimensions: 12.1 x 4.5 x 11.3 inches
- Slim Design: The redesign on the K Mini plus makes it smaller than ever, so you’ll never struggle to find a place for it.
- Strong Brew: Proving good things come in small packages, the K Mini Plus can bump up the strength of each cup with its Strong button.
- Cord Storage: Makes transport a cinch by allowing you tuck the cord into a compartment located on the back of the coffee maker.
- Energy Efficiency: Reduce utility bills and be environmentally friendly at the same time, as the K Mini Plus shuts itself off 90 seconds after the last drink.
As versatile as they come, the Keurig K250 is available in a range of hues that can add a fun pop of color to dreary breakrooms.
You can also brew cups, travel mugs, and carafes on the K250, giving you a huge range of serving sizes to choose from.
Those who need hot water to make their lunches can even get dispensable hot water right from the K250, too.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: Yes (with purchase of My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter)
- Drink Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 ounces
- Water Tank Size: 40 ounces
- Dimensions: 13.6 x 8.9 x 13.8 inches
- Carafe Brewing: Serve everyone at a meeting at once by brewing a carafe that can hold 22-30 ounces of coffee.
- Color Options: Available in several different color configurations, the K250 can bring some life to even the plainest rooms.
- Touchscreen Control: Familiar touchscreen operation means this model is easy to brew on, even if you have little to no experience.
- Dispensable Hot Water: No need to make a trip to the sink for water to make instant oatmeal – you can get fresh hot water from the K250 by opening and closing the brewing chamber and choosing the amount you want.
At a glance, the K145 OfficePro may look virtually identical to the K-Elite, but some upgrades have been made to the design with the OfficePro. It's even more suitable for use in a small office.
What were those upgrades? Excellent question! The main improvement is that the coffee maker is made from even heavier duty materials, giving it the strength it needs to withstand the daily wear and tear of a bustling office.
The buttons have also been transformed into an incredibly user-friendly dial. Simply twist the dial to your desired drink size, then push it to start brewing.
- K Cups: Yes
- Ground Coffee: No
- Drink Sizes: 6, 8, and 10 ounces
- Water Tank Size: 48 ounces
- Dimensions: 17.6 x 15.3 x 13.2 inches
- Heavy Gauge Construction: Made from heavy-duty materials, the K145 is a match for high use in a small office setting.
- Auto-Off: After two hours of inactivity, the machine will turn itself off, reducing its energy consumption.
- Removable Water Tank: Refilling the water tank is a cinch. Rather than risk making a mess by pouring water in, you can remove it and carry it to your breakroom sink for a quick refill.
- Bonus K-Cup Variety Box: Comes with 12 different K-Cups for your office to sample, so you can determine which ones are going to be favorites.