Starbucks' 'it' drink of summer is nitro cold brew coffee, but at $5 a mug, it's a splurge.
Learn how to make nitro cold brew coffee just like Starbucks at home with this quick and easy recipe!
What is nitro cold brew coffee? Are you kidding me?!
Learn all about nitro cold brew by clicking here.
How To Make Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
Nitro coffee is so popular nowadays that you can easily enjoy its rich and frothy taste from almost any coffee shop.
It's pretty easy to make at home with a few items like a whipped cream dispenser (like the ones you see at your favorite ice cream shop) and a nitrogen cartridge.
Sound scary? It's not.
You're going to die over how much money you've spent buying nitro cold brew on tap from Starbucks when you find out how simple this recipe is.
No more! Save your bucks for something better and make your own nitro cold brew at home right now.
What You Need To Make Nitro Cold Brew At Home
Before anything else, get all the tools and ingredients for nitro cold brew.
Here's what you need:
4. Ground coffee (preferably dark roast or an espresso blend)
5. Tap water
Easy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- The first step in making nitro coffee like a real professional barista is preparing a rich coffee base. This is done by mixing coffee grounds with cool tap water in your classic french press. The ideal proportion is one part coffee to 10 parts water. You can change the ratio according to your desired level of concentration. What you're doing here is making a cold brew! (Duh.) Here's how to make a basic cold brew at home.
- Your french press cold brew mixture will need to settle overnight in the refrigerator (12-24 hours).
- Once your cold brew is ready, press your french press handle down to filter out the coffee grounds.
- Pour the base brew into the whipped cream dispenser. Store the remaining cold brew in a mason jar in your fridge for up to 10 days.
- Close the dispenser and attach the nitrogen cartridge.
- Shake the dispenser well for a few minutes and press (just like you would for whipped cream) into a see-through mug. Use a see-through mug (a beer mug is awesome for this!) so that you can enjoy the reverse cascading effect of the brew and keep your nitro cold!
And there you have it - a rich, frothy and smooth nitro cold brew that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere.
Oh boy! Your friends are going to love this one! You're welcome...